MODERN SLAVERY ACT AND HUMAN TRAFFICKING STATEMENT
Hickman Industries Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Masonite International Corporation (“Masonite”). Masonite is committed to ensuring that our supply chain reflects our values and respect for human rights. Masonite does not use of any form of involuntary labor including forced, prison, indentured, bonded, slave, or human trafficked labor and fully supports efforts to combat, prohibit, and prevent human trafficking and slavery. Masonite has a Supplier Policy that provides that all suppliers must comply with applicable international, federal, state, provincial, and local laws, rules, regulations, and ordinances in connection with the design, manufacture, sale, deliver and use of their products, which includes laws regarding human trafficking and slavery.
In compliance with the UK’s Modern Slavery Act of 2015 and other laws for preventing human trafficking, Masonite states as follows:
- Supply Chain Verification. Masonite does not have an enterprise-wide or third party administered verification process to evaluate and address risks of human trafficking and slavery. Most of our suppliers are located in the United States and other Tier 1 countries that are considered low risk. The others are in Tier 2 countries.
- Supplier Audits. Masonite does not have an enterprise-wide unannounced independent audit process to evaluate supplier compliance with company standards for preventing human trafficking and slavery from entering our supply chain. At this time Masonite does not intend to use a third party to conduct audits of its suppliers. Masonite has a Supplier Policy that provides that all suppliers are required to allow Masonite representatives access to their manufacturing and storage facilities when a Masonite product is being manufactured or stored.
- Supplier Certifications. Masonite requests that suppliers confirm that they have read and understand Masonite’s Supplier Policy which provides that the suppliers must comply with applicable international, federal, state, provincial, and local laws, rules, regulations, and ordinances in connection with the design, manufacture, sale, deliver and use of their products, which includes laws regarding human trafficking and slavery.
- Internal Accountability. Masonite maintains internal accountability standards that employees must meet. Masonite employees are trained on and required to comply with The Masonite Values Guide Operating Guide, Masonite’s code of conduct, which contains anti-forced labor provisions. Masonite maintains a confidential whistleblower helpline by which employees and suppliers may report compliance failures by employees, suppliers, or contractors, including any suspected failures regarding human trafficking or slavery.
- Employee Training. Masonite employees and management who have direct responsibility for supply chain management are trained in overall supplier expectations, including the requirement to act ethically and in accordance with The Masonite Values Guide Operating Guide, Masonite’s code of conduct. Masonite employees responsible for supply chain are trained to screen and only deal with suppliers who comply with applicable local laws.