I Joists are structurally engineered joists, made from high-grade softwood flanges bonded together with an engineered composite panel. Using advanced technology, they are combined to produce an engineered solution as an alternative to conventional solid timber joists. They are produced on a purpose-built production line here in the UK, manufacturing I joists to UK preferred dimensions.
Our JJI Joists are available in a range of sizes that are familiar to UK Home Builders with depths ranging from 195mm to 450mm. They are constructed from a 9mm OSB web and C24 softwood flanges ranging in widths from 47mm to 97mm, and are available in lengths up to 12 metres.
Our long term relationship with our suppliers James Jones, provides us with a short integrated UK-based Supply chain. For a reliable and efficient JIT logistical capability.
We have an established centre for timber Engineering in Wolverhampton, providing extensive Design and Technical support, in addition to our dedicated on-site support teams. We are The UK’s largest supplier of JJI Joists distributing hundreds of plots each week, to major national home builders across the UK.
Advantages to the National Hickman I Joist flooring solution include;
- In-house designing, saving you money through intelligent designs that don’t compromise on-site performance, or disguise hidden costs.
- Accurate cross cutting of joists, each marked corresponding to a drawing, delivered within a detailed site installation pack to each site.
- Factory fitted backer/filler blocks and I clips , giving you structural peace of mind.
- Pre-drilled service / MVHR holes are available, eliminating on-site’ knocking through’ which can lead to damage and extra costs.
- Fast-fix Glued flooring option providing faster installation, coupled with an improved performance compared with traditional methods.
- A complete set of components supplied together for the floor system, including the I Joists, Glulam beams, chipboard Flooring, Glue, tape and ironmongery.
- I beams with solid timber flanges are easier to handle and less prone to splitting than similar materials, reducing costly maintenance.
- Part ‘E’ compliant and Full FSC certification.
- Dedicated site support teams, run by experts with ‘mud on their boots’ ensuring you get it right.