The National Hickman RoofSpace I-Roof comprises a complete room-in-the-roof system fully designed and engineered to conform to Eurocode 5. Bespoke roof cassettes, manufactured in controlled environments at National Hickman’s two modern purpose built facilities, span from ridge to eaves supported by timber glulam beams. The glulam beams sit in pockets formed in our timber-frame spandrel panels to form a complete habitable roof solution.
The National Hickman RoofSpace I-Roof system is designed to provide a substrate ready for standard dry-lining practice to complete to Approved Document B standards.
The National Hickman RoofSpace I-Roof system comes fully insulated with CE marked products to ensure a consistent warm envelope.
The roof cassettes are designed to achieve U/values as low as 0.11W/m2K within the panel without the requirement for under cloaking or additional insulating works on site and this primary feature is matched in our spandrel panels with U/values for the walls as low as 0.23W/m2K.
We take the Home Builder’s units from wall plate upwards and the package includes:-
• Insulated spandrel panels and insulated roof panels
• GRP or traditional timber dormers
• Velux windows (or similar)
• UPVC or timber fascia and soffit
• All craneage including appointed persons and slinger/signallers
• Lath, felt and tile (available through the local Avonside network)
Why should you use National Hickman RoofSpace I-Roof?
- We normally fully install a pair of units in ONE DAY saving our customer between 2 to 3 weeks on their build programme
- Cost neutral compared to traditional forms of construction
- Major HEALTH AND SAFETY benefits to the client in reducing the risk when working at height. Traditional construction methods use blocks, steels and top-hat trusses creating large areas of unsupported blockwork at the gables
- Our ERECTION TEAMS comprise specially trained, experienced time served trade professionals who will get it right first time
- We reduce footfall up/down scaffolding which is endorsed by the HSE